S.R.O 126 (Reservation’s)
It deals with the reservation in professional colleges, institutions, universities and direct recruitment in Govt. services. It broadly includes the following types of certificates:-
BACKWARD AREA CERTIFICATE:-
Residents of the areas as are notified by the Govt. vide S.R.O:-126 can obtain these certificates provided that they fulfill the conditions laid down in the said S.R.O. The areas have been notified by the Govt. under S.R.O-126, however, the details for areas including in the said SRO can be had from the concerned Tehsildars for Tehsils and from Deputy Commissioners for the Districts. Vacancies are being been reserved under the said S.R.O for the residents of backward areas.
- Bach-hanjies and Shikarawalas excluding boat owners.
- Fisherman including Gade Henz.
- Markaban whose sole livelihood depends upon Markabani.
- Villages porters (Kumars)
- Shoe repairers (Working without the aid of machines)
- Bangies, Khakrobes (Sweapers)
- Barbers (Rural Only)
- Village washerman.
- Grati (Rural only)
- Teeli (Rural only)
SOCIALLY / EDUCATIONALLY BACKWARD CLASS / WEAK AND UNDER PRIVILEGED-CLASS (SOCIAL CASTE) CERTIFICATES:-
Every person who belongs to any of the following social castes can obtain the certificates form the concerned Tehsildars:-
- Bot, Boto
- Borkpa, Drokpa, Dard, Shin
SCHEDULE CAST/SCHEDULE TRIBE CERTIFICATES:-
No Schedule Cast category exists in Kashmir Valley . The following classes have been declared as Schedule Tribe Category.
RESIDENTS OF AREAS ADJOINING TO LINE OF ACTUAL CONTROL:-
These certificates are being issued by the Tehsildar to the persons who belong to the areas adjoining the Line of Actual Control declared as such vide S.R.O:-394 dated. 05-09-1981 read with notification S.R.O 372 dated. 03007-1982 and S.R.O 271 dated. 22-08-1988 as amended from time to time.
Whom to apply:-
The certificate from I to VI are being issued by the Tehsildar concerned who have been declared competent for issuing such certificates after completion of requisite formalities. The Deputy Commissioner is the appellate authority if the order appealed against the orders passed by the Tehsildar or S.D.M. In case the order appealed against is passed by the Deputy Commissioner or the Addl. Deputy Commissioner or any other authorized authority/Officer, the appellate authority is Divisional Commissioner.
- Prescribed Application Form.
- The person claiming benefit on the ground that he belongs to identified area near to the Line of Actual Control must establish that he has resided in the area for a period not less than 15years to the date of application and is actually residing in the said area.
- Permanent Resident Certificate.
- Extracts of Jamabandi and Gridawari, Shajra Nasab, copy of Electoral roll, copy of Chulabandi, copy of Ration Card, Identity Card, Grazing Card issued by the Forest Deptt. And Revenue agencies in respect of Land-Less Gujjar and Bakerwal community.
- Supplementary Evidence:- The statement of village officials and conduct of inquiry as may be necessary for the verification of the details of the applicant as also with regard to be eligibility of the applicant for the certificate claimed by him.
- Income Certificate
CERTIFICATE OF HANDICAPPED PERSONS:-
This certificate is being issued by the Chief Medical officer of the area.
The person seeking certificate shall apply to the prescribed authority as mentioned above in the prescribed form. List of areas declared socially and educationally backward area can be had from Tehsildar of the concerned Tehsil and Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District. Extracts of Jamabandhi, Gridawari and Shajra Nasab and copy of Chulabandi can be obtained from the Patwari concerned. A copy of Electroral roll can be obtained from the election authority/Tehsildar concerned. The certificates are being issued by the Tehsildars from serial I to IV. In case of any discrepancies the Concerned Deputy Commissioner can be contacted.
Assistant Commissioner Revenue
Amar Niwas Complex, Ground Floor, DC Office Tankipora Srinagar
Location : Ground Floor,DC Office Srinagar | City : Srinagar | PIN Code : 190001
Phone : +91-194-2477054 | Email : dcsgr-jk[at]nic[dot]in